Craig R. Kelso

Friday, March 15, 2013

Why I Believe in God

I was raised to believe in God by my mother and grandmother. My mother made sure that our family attended church at least occasionally. Some of my friends and other folks I interacted with supported my faith in God. I married a Catholic woman (the love of my life) and eventually joined the Catholic Church because I didn’t want my kids to grow up without some morality. Two out of my four kids are still practicing Catholics. I have and continue to search for truth. I will say this, every question that I have had about the Catholic Church has been answered to my satisfaction. Whatever question one may have about Catholicism can be answered because of the vast store of information that exists within the Church itself. Recently, I have read some books and some other stories about near death experiences (NDEs). Four of them stand out: Heaven is for Real, the Gloria Polo story, Proof of Heaven, and To Heaven and Back. I don’t think that a rational person can read these stories and not believe in an afterlife or the existence of God. These stories bolster my faith in God. I choose to follow the Catholic faith because it makes the most sense to me. If God exists, and, I believe He does, then He instituted the universal or Catholic Church. I don’t believe that everyone has to be Catholic, but I think that it is irrational not to believe in God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home